Liquid Intelligent Technologies South Africa in partnership with the Eastern Cape Provincial Government, will be opening Innovation and Digital Skills Centres in East London and Mthatha in the first quarter of 2020.
Liquid Intelligent Technologies is committed to fostering innovation and building digital skills amongst youth, even in the remotest parts of the country. This initiative will have a positive impact on the communities close to the centres by creating local learning and business opportunities that will also extend across the greater Eastern Cape Province.
According to Reshaad Sha, CEO of Liquid Intelligent Technologies South Africa: “By supporting Eastern Cape communities with access to high-speed internet, training in technology skills and platforms we are helping them prepare for the jobs of the future. The launch of the Innovation and Digital Skills Centres is key to entrepreneur empowerment which is fully aligned to Liquid Intelligent Technologies’s vision of Building Africa’s digital future.”
The Innovation and Digital Skills Centres will become technology and education hubs where learners will have the opportunity to equip themselves with the latest and most relevant digital skills. The Centres will be equipped with state-of-the-art classroom learning facilities with access to high speed connectivity services from Liquid Intelligent Technologies including:
- Internet connectivity for students and learners from which the surrounding communities will benefit
- Training and education on digitisation, computing including the development of hands-on technology skills
- Exposure to emerging technologies and their application, such as gamification, AI, Blockchain and IoT
- Access to the 21C Skills programme, Liquid Intelligent Technologies’s Pan-African digital skills development platform, which was specifically designed with African learners in mind. It aims to help students, developers and start-ups to gain the tech skills they will need for the 21st century
- Access to cloud platforms for entrepreneurs to gain access to investors and accelerator programmes in order to scale their businesses and translate their ideas into functioning, commercially active businesses
Mr Oscar Mabuyane, Premier of the Eastern Cape says, “The Eastern Cape is encouraged by organisations such as Liquid Intelligent Technologies’s commitment to providing innovative solutions to develop the Youth of our province, for 4IR readiness.
This is a crucial milestone for the Digital Inclusivity agenda of the Province. We recognise the Innovation and Digital Centres as an important lever for development and ICT transformation in giving our people access to hi-tech ICT skills, whether they are in the rural hinterland or in the ever-growing urban areas. We strongly believe that with true ICT skills and capacitation, new opportunities for economic participation will arise for our people.”
Liquid Intelligent Technologies’s Innovation and Digital Skills Centres will aim to play an important role in developing Eastern Cape communities that previously had little access or opportunities for digital training. This forms part of Liquid Intelligent Technologies’s commitment to empowering South Africans with the necessary tools enabling them to become part of the digital revolution.
Liquid Intelligent Technologies South Africa has implemented learnership programmes for 93 students in the Eastern Cape covering ICT. The company has also awarded 20 bursaries to students through the Nelson Mandela and Walter Sisulu Universities for the 2020 Academic year.